Google Street View
This white elephant in Sainte-Geneviève-des-Bois, a commune in the southern suburbs of Paris, France, was brought to the town in 1950 by one M.Masse, proprietor of Cafe de Liers who wanted to install it in his garden. However due to its huge size it could not be placed in the garden and he gifted the elephant to the city. After its installation he changed the name of his cafe to Cafe-Tabac de L'Elephant.
Vandals frequently paint the elephant pink and the city authorities paint it back to white. So in a sense it is proving to be a white elephant for the town!