Lots of Mail Boxes - 2


Google Street View

My last post was about "Lots of Mail Boxes" at Customs Road, Curlew, Washington, USA. At the time of making that post I couldn't guess the reason for such large numbers of mail boxes and had requested my readers to throw more light on the subject.

I am thankful to reader "The Field of Gold" who through his comments informed me that ".... number of letter boxes is quite common here in New Zealand. In rural areas the daily post van will only come to the end of a road or to a place in a settlement. And everybody goes there to get their mail". He also gave me location of another set of large number of letter boxes (shown above) on the Atley Road, Arthurs Point, Otago, New Zealand. 

Thank you "The Field of Gold".

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...